When you belong to a team you feel part of something larger than yourself. You all have one thing in common…the mission of the business you work for.
Everyone in the team has a specific job function. They may even belong to a specific department within the company. But all the team members work together to accomplish the same goals and objectives. It’s the bigger picture: improving results for customers.
The first step is having the leader define the team they are trying to build. Here are 10 tips to build an effective team:
- The leader should clearly communicate all expectations to every member.
- Each member should understand how the team fits into the company’s goals.
- Each member should be committed and feel they are a valuable part of the team.
- Each member should have defined goals, designated tasks, and a clear mission.
- Each member should feel they have the right resources and support to accomplish their goals.
- Each member should have boundaries and enough freedom to carry out their mission.
- Each member should be able to work together effectively and collaboratively.
- Each member should be able to communicate clearly and honestly with each other.
- Each member should be open to change, give rewards, and take risks responsibly.
- Each member should be accountable for others by resolving problems, not blaming or pointing fingers.
Do you think your team is an effective one?
YOUR CHALLENGE: Take these tips to your team members. Create a more effective team for your business this year.
For your complimentary business coaching session visit, www.actioncoach.com/pjweiland.
To register for our complimentary workshop, How to Build a Business you can Sell, visit www.actioncoach.com/pjweiland. Let’s work together to help your business grow.