Time management is an effective skill that helps you reach your goals in work and all through your life. The important thing to remember is that it’s not about how much time you have…it’s about how effectively you manage it.
If you want to start setting and achieving your goals, you need to seriously avoid distractions and bad habits. You will have to focus on working hard instead. So, you’ll need to find a good time management system and stick with it. Pay attention to how you use your time, and you won’t fail to achieve your long-term goals.
Stay balanced. Follow a system that will help you get things done…one where you can prioritize work, family, and personal time.
Here are some helpful time management tips:
- Make sure your goals have a powerful meaning for wanting to achieve them. If they don’t, then you could fall off track.
- Use the four quadrant time management system. Decide between urgent and not urgent activities, and important and not important activities.
- Record your time in a journal for at least a week. How was your time used? Was time wasted? How does this time fit into the four quadrant system?
- Tackle your biggest tasks in the morning. This will give you the biggest momentum to help you through the rest of your day.
- Remember the 80-20 Rule. 80% of the efforts comes from 20% of the results.
- Develop good habits and get rid of bad ones. Focusing on good habits allows you to get better at managing your time, making other good habits develop easier!
- Take frequent breaks while working. Work for 1 hour and break for 15 mins (if you can). Go for a short walk or meditate during that time. You’ll have more energy and you’ll focus better when you return.