As we work hard to differentiate ourselves from others, we can take a lesson from the late great Zig Ziglar – “There is no traffic jam on the extra mile”.
Creating an exceptional customer service experience does not need to be difficult or expensive, it more often than not just needs a little attention to detail while serving the unspoken needs of your customer. Some quick and easy ways to go the extra mile with your clients and make a lasting impression.
– Followup with customers after the transaction, just to make sure that everything went as expected and there are no unanticipated loose ends or unresolved issues.
– Send them personal hand written notes thanking them for their business.
– Resolve issues personally, don’t hand them off to someone else to resolve, then check to make sure that they are satisfied with the outcome.
– Show up in person when things aren’t going exactly to plan.
– Be courteous, use their name, say please and thank you even in the most mundane of interactions – manners do matter.
– When the situation calls for it, over service your client, expedite, give a little more to show you care.
– Show them you were listening by knowing their favorite restaurant, their spouses name, their favorite sports team.
– Look for ways to make it easy for your customer to do business with you, courier documents to exactly where they will be, include self-addressed stamped envelopes, provide detailed instructions or a direct line to any support they might need.
When your clients feel that you have gone above and beyond, when you exceed their expectations, when you are able to WOW them with your service, your customers will feel the difference.
YOUR CHALLENGE THIS WEEK: Look for ways to ‘go the extra mile’ with your clients and make a lasting impression.