Throughout our networking we are often focused on referrals, giving them and getting them. Lets not forget about making great connections, for yourself and connecting others. When we focus on connections referrals and business will follow.
- When making great connections, look for the quality of the person, less about the industry or line of business. If they are of quality then they will be a natural at connecting and expanding your sphere of influence.
- Have great conversations, a high quality conversation can open doors, deepen the connection, or create natural alignments based on common interests.
- Because people do business with people they like and trust, be yourself. Be sincere, be real, and let your personality show, use your sense of humor and enjoy the moment.
- Ask others who they have found to be great connectors, and then ask for an introduction.
- Spend quality getting to know those people who seem to know everyone and are well connected.
As you look to make great connections, remember, compliments, courtesy, compassion and common ground – and get busy.